With the new membership year starting, there are bound to be questions about any new changes or policies that may have been overlooked. Here’s a rundown of the most significant changes:
In May 2011, the USAV Board voted to approve a few new membership options, which will hopefully promote growth. The new membership options the North Texas Region will be implementing this season include:
- Collegiate Player ($15) – this membership will be for the adult player who is a full-time student at a collge/university. To be eligible, the member must be able to show proof of enrollment. Proof of enrollment must show the school, student and term (in most cases, IDs will not work). Once a membership has gone through the system, our staff will communicate with the member, asking for proof of enrollment. For those who plan to coach, they must register as a full adult member. Collegiate Players are eligible for national and championship events.
- Outdoor Only ($20) – this membership will be for the junior or adult who wishes to participate solely in outdoor programming. It is a full year membership. For outdoor members who decide at some point to play indoor, they must upgrade to a full membership.
- Other Youth 11 and Under ($10) – this membership will be for the junior player, 11 years of age and younger, who wishes to participate in regional programming. Players must be born after 9/1/2000. These participants can not travel outside the North Texas Region and are not eligible for any National Qualifier or Championship event. For those who decide at a later date to participate with a travel team, they must upgrade their membership to a full member.
- Other Youth 8 and Under (FREE) – this membership will be for the junior player, 8 years of age and younger, who wishes to participate in regional programming. Players must be born after 9/1/2003. These participants can not travel outside the North Texas Region and are not eligible for any National Qualifier or Championship event. For those who decide at a later date to participate with a travel team, they must upgrade their membership to a full member.
All other membership options remain in place, with no changes in fee structure.
From season to season,the developers of Webpoint, the registration system used by NTR, make changes that provide a better user experience. Some of these updates include:
- During the registration process, junior players will not be able to select a club. After the tryout dates have passed and the family has made a club choice, Webpoint may be accessed to update club affiliation. Adult members will still be able to use Undecided for players or specific clubs for coaches.
- When a member needs to print their membership card, he/she will no longer be required to scroll through and print the electronically-signed documents. They will be able to print just the card.
- For members needing to sign up for various events, we will be using Webpoint for some of these registrations. Right now, some of these clinics may include IMPACT, region run score and ref clinics and officials clinics. Registration will be managed through the Event Registration tab in Webpoint.
The 2011-2013 Indoor Domestic Competition Regulations are online now, as well as Interpretations and Clarifications. You can view that HERE.