Starting a New Club
In order to start a new club or take over for an existing club, there are a few steps that must be taken in order to participate in junior events in the North Texas Region.
Upcoming Orientation Dates To Be Announced
New Club Director Orientation is required and prior registration is necessary.
If you have any questions please contact:
Executive Director – Steve Carrera
If you have a group wanting to play, we can recommend some clubs that offer metro or satellite options for your first season.
- Incorporate 6 months prior to the next season
- Read through the NTR Officials Handbook to familiarize yourself with region policies
- Create a club website
Required Steps for New Club Formation
1. Choose a name for your club.* Things to consider in naming your club: try for a unique name, stay away from general names as North Texas, Texas, Elite….etc. We will try and help with a name and we take into account your club code and the codes that you have to use for tournaments. Too often names are so close in lettering that parents can be confused and rankings might be switched.
2. Attend a New Club Directors Orientation (see above date)
3. Sign the annual club agreement, along with providing payment of $100 for new clubs/$50 for directors taking over existing clubs (this is typically collected at the orientation).
4. After attending orientation, keep Club Directory up to date (you will be provided login and password after your orientation)
5. Attend the Annual Mandatory Club Directors Meeting** (for all existing clubs for the past season) – May 18, 2019 – 1:00pm at the NTR office.
Once preparation for the season begins, all Club Directors must:
- Renew membership or establish membership with NTR/USAV A season membership registration opens after September 1.
- Attend Club Directors Meeting meeting each season.
- Verify all directors and coaches have cleared a background screen and SafeSport prior to tryouts.
- Submit request to sanction your practices and tryouts before they occur
- Scorekeepers/Officiating: Get 2 or more players certified in scorekeeping and get your coaches certified to officiate. (This can be done by either setting up your own clinic or have your players and coaches attend another club’s clinic).
- Set up your club information in Webpoint. The Region will enable your club with administrative access.
- Any individual helping with junior members over the age of 18, must be SafeSport Certified, Background Screened and IMPACT Certified for on-court activities. Chaperones who are not helping with on-court activities, do not need the IMPACT Certification.
*When selecting a name for your club, please refrain from using the word “Texas” or “Dallas” in your name. It can often cause confusion at the national office as well as tracking results at tournaments. Also check with the list of existing clubs to make sure that you are not choosing a name that is already being used. Google is recommended to find other clubs with similar names that may not be in our region. Name must be approved for content and for Club Code conflicts.
**There will be a penalty fine of $250.00 for not attending the annual meeting.