Head / Lead Referee Assignment Guidelines
Per XI of the USAV North Texas Region Handbook, the person responsible for assigning will utilize the following Guidelines:
1. Fairness and equity must be followed in assigning Head/Lead Referees so that one person does not always receive the larger court assignments; failure to do this results in:
- a. newer head/lead referees who have the potential/ability to fulfill this role not being given the opportunity to grow, thus creating a potential void if other Head/Lead Referees are not available to be assigned;
- b. an appearance of favoritism to certain referees, whether real or not, which garners mistrust and ill-will amongst those not being assigned.
2. Proximity to the tournament sites should also be a factor, if possible, allowing for Head/Lead Referees that live closest to the site being assigned.
3. Input from the tournament directors will be considered when appointing head/lead referees to their tournaments.
The NTR staff, in cooperation with the Tournament Directors who will select from the recommended Head Official List, will assign the Head Referees. The Officials Coordinator and VP of Training and Education will approve all Head Referee assignments prior to being released in Zebra Web.