Head Referee – Referee Assignments
Assignment of Head Referees
The NTR Staff, along with coordinating with tournaments directors and the approval of assignment by the Official’s Coordinator or Vice President of Education and Training, will be responsible for assigning Head Referees based on the following criteria:
- The head referee must be an International, National or Junior National official;
- They must be in good-standing and have cleared a current background screen with the NTR and USAV;
- They must be Safe Sport certified with NTR and USAV
- They must have attended Head/Lead Referee Training provided by the Official’s Coordinator or VP of Education and Training in that USAV season;
- first-time Head/Lead Refs will be assigned to smaller tournaments (4 courts or less) for at least two tournaments before they are eligible to be considered for larger (5+ courts) assignments;
- first-time Head/Lead Refs will be evaluated across all areas of assignment for completeness, professionalism and content of evaluations; and
- The Referee assigned has the ability to handle the responsibilities of the Position.
The NTR Staff will assign Head/Lead Referees based on the published guidelines at NTRvolleyball.net.
Assignment of Referees
After assignment by NTR Staff, the Official’s Coordinator or VP of Education and Training will approve all referee assignments prior to being released on ZebraWeb.org.